Scaling Public Bus Transport Outlook 2030 for achieving SDGs in India
PRE-EVENT OF THE 2020 UNCRD EST FORUM
This webinar is organized in partnership with UNCRD (Japan) and UN HABITAT.
THURSDAY 22 OCTOBER 2020 | 11:00 AM (IST)
The key challenges in the Bus Sector in India are:
- Demand-supply gap: there is a need for nearly 500,000 more buses
- Lagging service delivery: ageing fleet, operational sustainability, customer focus, multi-modal integration
- Increased shift towards private transport (of the 1.7 million buses in India only 10% are run by the State Road Transport Undertakings) negative environment impact
- Limited funding and investments – capex and opex due to heavy losses
- Fragmented institutional roles and responsibilities
- Need for upgrading HR Capacities and skills
The Webinar aims at discussing all these issues including rural urban linkages for scaling public bus transport for achieving various SDGs by 2030.
- Dr. Kulwant Singh, Advisor, Busworld Academy
- Er. Kulwant Singh Wilkhu, Director, Sutlej Motors
- Dr. Surendra Kumar Bagde, General Manager, BEST
- Ms. Anumita Roy Chowdhury, Executive Director, Research and Advocacy, Centre for Science and Environment
- Mr. Prasanna Patwardhan, President, BOCI
- Mr. Karthick Athmanathan, SVP & Head e-Mobility, Ashok Leyland Limited
Presentations of the speakers can be downloaded via the link at the bottom of this page.
After the webinar all questions that were left unanswered during the webinar will be available here.
Download the backgroundpaper for this webinar/pre-event below