Along with the process of globalization, public transport has become a part of urban culture. With the deepening of metropolitan and urbanization, the increasing requirements on travel service experience, as well as the continuous upgrading of public transport means, higher requirements have been put forward for the fleet management. Besides the IT tools for operation support, the DT (Data Technology) thinking is needed to change the future.
Making an in-depth investigation on the needs of customers, the Busworld Academy wants to inform on the identification of the following problems by Yutong:
- The level of intelligentization and informatization technology of vehicles is constantly improving. However, the repair and maintenance operations involved in the fleet management fail to effectively use the diagnosis information and flow data of vehicles.
- There are still many paper-based operations in the field maintenance operation. The information transmission and storage of the maintenance operation chain are insufficient, and the efficiency is low. It is very difficult to conduct resource matching and analysis of abnormalities. For example, quite a number of fleet maintenance departments are unable to fully identify the rework behaviors and evaluate the maintenance quality and skill gap of the maintenance organization.
- Due to the above two restrictions, the information statistics and analysis action of the fleet management superintendents are difficult to grasp the dynamic status quo and the effect of maintenance work in real time, and accumulate data for the decision making of the follow-up work. At the same time, the risk in the process of business development has not been exposed in time and accurately, forming pressure on the superintendents.
- Fleet management is the core department of public transport companies, which is closely linked with other departments in the company. A series of informatization work such as operation, materials, depot management and personnel management need to be connected with the fleet management, but the reality is that isolated information islands are commonly found during the operation, which has an impact on the overall management efficiency and cost.
Based on the above conclusions, Yutong developed the intelligent fleet management system in combination with its own advantages. In 2016, relevant patents were obtained and version 2.0 was launched in 2019 to provide customers with IT-DT fleet management system.
1. In combination with the informatization capability on new energy vehicles, Yutong has collected the status and alarm information of all kinds of equipment in the vehicle with the on-board information terminal card, and report to the platform in real time to provide customers with the ability of centralized monitoring and automatic repair form submitting.
2. In combination with customers’ practical situation, the repair and maintenance process is fully informationalized, and the mobile app of intelligent fleet management was launched. Different app interfaces are provided for various business roles, including superintendents (board chairman, general manager, fleet management manager, fleet captain) and implementers (driver, maintenance worker, material keeper, inspector), so that the business can be implemented efficiently and quickly, and the information can be classified and shared in real time.
3. As per the actual business requirements, the existing information systems of customers, such as material management system, dispatching system and depot management system, are interconnected through standard interfaces to achieve real-time data sharing and business flow, and improve internal efficiency and information accuracy.
4. Based on the implementation of the above business, the data centralized management system for public transport customers focusing on "people" and "vehicles" is established, supporting the superintendents to accurately and timely grasp the dynamic state quo and operational risks inside the company, providing data support for subsequent analysis and decision-making, and monitoring the implementation effect through PDCA closed-loop management.
Through continuous service and tracking the usage effect of key customers, the number of repair forms (total repair workload) of customers is decreased by 20%, and the total repair cost decreased by about 6%. Meanwhile, the workload and work quality of repair workers have been evaluated in a closed-loop way, effectively improving the efficiency and atmosphere of the team. In addition, the introduction of mobile app effectively reduced the waiting and queuing phenomenon of the business, and the digital signature has also been achieved, which is of great significance for business traceability and risk management. By using this system, customers have completely eliminated paper work.
In the future, along with the innovation of communication network and the improvement of new hardware capabilities, the application scenarios will be greatly enriched. Under the new conditions, DT will be increasingly important and become a new productivity of operators.