BUSWORLD FOUNDATION TAKING PART IN WORD URBAN FORUM 2020
Busworld will be represented at the World Urban Forum in Abu Dhabi next month through participation of Busworld Foundation in the event by organizing 2 events and holding a booth in the exhibition.
The tenth session of the World Urban Forum organized by UN Habitat will take place in Abu Dhabi from 8-13 February 2020. The event is a high level, open and inclusive platform for addressing the challenges of sustainable urbanization across the globe.
As a knowledge institution that represents the bus and coach industry, Busworld Foundation (Busworld Academy) cannot stay on the side line since our industry plays an important role in the solutions towards sustainable urbanization.
TRANSFORMING CITIES THROUGH ATTRACTIVE, EFFICIENT AND SUSTAINABLE PUBLIC ROAD TRANSPORT SYSTEMS
This side event organized by Busworld Foundation aims at discussing:
- The crucial role of the bus system in connecting different modes of urban transit
- The carbon footprint of buses and coaches by implementing new low emission technology
- The role of buses and coaches in social cohesion
During this 1 hour event a panel discussion will be held with prominent speakers from around the world, such as:
- Daniël Möser (TUMI/GIZ) - Germany
- Heather Thompson (ITDP) - USA
- Oliver Lah (Wuppertal Institute) - Germany
- Datuk Ismail Ibrahim (Iskandar Regional Development Authority) - Malaysia
- C. Ratnaparkhi (ASRTU) - India
- Kulwant Singh (Former UN Habitat & Busworld Academy advisor) - India
The keynote speech will be given by Mr. François Bellot, Belgian Minister for Mobility.
Date & Time: 10 FEB 2020, Hall 2, 12:30-1:30 PM
Furthermore an networking event will take place on Wednesday 12 FEB 2020 in Hall 3, Room 13 between 2:00 and 4:00 PM concerning the topic: Measuring and improving access to public transport. This event will be organised in cooperation with the European Commission and the National Secretariat for Urban Mobility and Services of Brazil.
For those who want to know more about Busworld Foundation and its activities in the world, please visit our booth no. 6 in Hall 7.