Table of Contents
IRU & Busworld Academy International Coach Conference
The coach sector is evolving continually but it still suffers from an image deficit and is faced with multiple challenges such as access to cities, new low-emission technologies… Join us to discuss the current challenges and to shape the future together!
Download the presentations here
DEBATE – Coaches and cities: friends or foes? Join an exciting debate between coach operators and representatives of major European cities.
LEARN – What will coaches look like in 15 years? How will they be propelled? IRU unveils its “Coach of the Future” initiative.
ACT - Engage with CEOs from leading coachoperators and vehicle manufacturers. Make your voice heard and contribute to shaping the future of the coach sector
09h00- 09h30 Registration & welcome coffee
09h30 - 10h00 Welcome words
- Redgy Deschacht - Busworld President
- Umberto de Pretto - IRU Secretary General
10h00 - 11h20
Session I: Coaches and cities: friends or foes?
Coach operators and city representatives will debate the place of coaches in urban mobility and planning. The focus will be the significant contribution to local economies of group tourism by coach and the challenges faced by the coach sector, such as city access and traffic restrictions in parts of Europe.
BDO study on group tourism by coach: results and recommendations - Nina Jaschke, Tourism and Statistics, BDO
- Damien Pons - Transport economics/ Tourism and mobility, City of Paris
- Sergio Fernández Balaguer - Communication & Consultancy Department, EMT Madrid
- Allan Edmondson - Head of Transport, ETOA
- Frans Schuitemaker - Managing Director, OAD
- Kai Neumann - Advisor for Intercity Coaches and Coordinator IG Fernbus, BDO
11h20 - 11h35 Coffee break
11h35 - 13h05
Session II: The clean coach of the future: development and deployment
Aspiring to eco-friendly vehicles, coach operators and vehicle manufacturers will analyse potential technological developments such as alternative fuels and propulsion systems for coaches. Current and future business cases for their deployment as well as business recommendations on how to achieve low-emission long-distance coach services will also be discussed.
The coach of the future: preliminary results of the IRU study - ISINNOVA
- Håkan Agnevall - President, Volvo Bus Corporation, ACEA Chairman Buses and Coaches
- Shao Nengqiang - Product Manager of European & American Division, Zhengzhou Yutong Bus Co., Ltd
- Isbrand Ho - Managing Director, BYD Europe B.V
- Tomas Byberg - CEO, Byberg & Nordin
- Paul Cremers - CEO, Staf Cars
13h05 - 13h20 Conclusions
Join us for refreshments after the event at the IRU stand (Hall Rambla North - R30).
- Oct 20, 2017
- Meeting Centre: MC 3 & 4, Kortrijk Xpo, Acces through Entrance North
- Participation is free of charge for all conference attendees including free access to the Busworld Europe exhibition.