Table of Contents
Busworld is very excited to announce its strategic partnership with UITP which combines UITP’s global knowledge base with Busworld’s more than 40 years’ experience. The two partners will be working closely together to develop the two-day conference (23-24 October) that will highlight the major trends and developments affecting the bus industry, from connected and autonomous buses to the rollout of clean electric bus fleets.
Topics will include:
- Achieving full electric operations
- Introduction of driverless technology
- Support for modular and high capacity vehicles
- Cost efficiency
Busworld Academy is looking for speakers at the Busworld Academy Congress Latin America in december 2017
Since the Busworld Academy congress was a huge success in the previous edition, it will be organised for a second time during the Busworld Latin America 2017 exhibition in Medellin, Colombia
To attract speakers with fresh, innovative, cutting edge ideas, concepts, case studies and best practices, a 'Call for papers' is open until the 15th of June 2017.
The title of the congress will be:'Passenger focused mobility'.
Main proposed topics are:
- Mobility as a Service & passenger comfort including bus design, integrated ticketing systems, modular and high capacity bus design and first & last mile solutions.
- Contributive technologies towards even more sustainable buses & coaches, technologies & business models for implementation of zero emission bus transport.
- Improving passenger & driver safety: technologies, training methods, including road safety, anti-criminality and anti-aggression measurements, anti-terror protection…
- Market analysis: City Transport - Transport on Demand - Long Distance - Coach Tourism - incoming, inkeeping & outbound.
- Improving public transport through adapted road infrastructure, city planning, state of the art terminals, digitalisation, camera systems,…Including BRT systems (best practices & experience exchange), Bus priority schemes & Network design (infrastructure buslanes, traffic light management) including how to plan bus services in fast growing cities: answering high density of demand, planning future transition to high capacity.
- Contracting & franchising models
- Image & marketing of the Bus & Coach sector services
Practical guidelines for the abstracts:
- If the author & co-author represent a bus-coach constructor or supplier who might be an exhibitor at the Busworld Latam exhibition 2017, priority will be given to exhibitors.
- All abstracts must be submitted throughthis online form.
- Abstracts can be either in English or in Spanish
- Abstracts must be 300 words or less (max 1 A4 page)
- Abstracts should include a brief presentation of the author and of the institute/company/authority he or she represents.
- OEM's and industry are encouraged to submit co-authored abstracts featuring their customers.
If you need more information, you can send a mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- December 5-6, 2017
- Medellín Colombia
Chaired by SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden